So where does the name "Latitude Fifty Four" come from?
The final destination for this motorcycle adventure was the city of Ushuaia located in Tierra Del Fuego, Argentina.
The latitude of this city is 54° 47' South.

Photographs can be enlarged by clicking on the image.

Please feel free to send comments to us by clicking on (# Comments) at the bottom of any posting.

Material made available via http://latitude54.blogspot.com/ is intended for private use only. Any re-use, transmission, duplication or distribution without express written permission is not allowed.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Day 31 to Day 32

November 7th, 2005: Oaxaca, Mexico
November 8th, 2005: Oaxaca, Mexico to Juchitan, Mexico

We spent another day in Oaxaca because we were going to get our bikes serviced. In the morning we decided to kill some time by visiting the ruins on Monte Alban. I have to do more research on these ruins, but in the meantime I'll just let you see the pictures to appreciate them. After we returned from the "pile of rubble" we figured that we'd save ourselves the money and instead make a trip to town to get some oil and do the bike servicing ourselves. It was much cheaper, and we had a bit of a fun afternoon making a Clorox bleach jug oil drip pan, and searching for petrolium to clean out my air filter since the technician who serviced my bike last completely smothered my air filter in grease. We finally solved the Caramilk mystery as to why my bike was running not as efficiently! On the morning of November 8th we headed more south, and ended up in Juchitan. It was really cold in the morning, got brutally hot the lower in the mountains we got, and then it was so incredibly windy the last stretch of the trip. I thought a few times I was going to get blown right off the road, and now I have aches in muscles I didn't know I had from straining to keep upright! Not much else to report....but mainly because I'm exhausted and not quite sure what's all happened today anymore!

No comments: